A Conservative Liberal

I intend to write here what I think and what I learn. Most of what I write here will be about politics.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Author of Left Behind is a nutcase!

Dr. Tim LaHaye

""Believes that the Catholic Church "is more dangerous than no religion because she substitutes religion for truth. [...] Rome is also dangerous because some of her doctrines are pseudo-Christian.

When I ask him what he has against Catholics -- he says often that they will be under-represented among Christians taken up at the Rapture -- he is at a loss to answer. It is as if they were simply bad in his book, and that's that. Pressed, he suggests that it's because they do not believe that the way to salvation is to receive Jesus into their hearts.

"What about Holy Communion?" I ask. "Isn't that all about receiving Jesus, body and soul?"

The great scholar of religion looks at me blankly. "Maybe," he says. "I really don't know."

Evidently LaHaye believes that the Illuminati is secretly engineering world affairs. "I myself have been a forty-five year student of the satanically-inspired, centuries-old conspiracy to use government, education, and media to destroy every vestige of Christianity within our society and establish a new world order. Having read at least fifty books on the Illuminati, I am convinced that it exists and can be blamed for many of man's inhumane actions against his fellow man during the past two hundred years.""

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home